Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Political Humor...

This was just too good to pass up!!!
I'm on a list for Birth advocacy in AL. Some one posted this little story. I HAD to put it down to be able to remember it.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009

The last election joke! Not Republican or Democrat -
Since the presidential campaign is over, I figured some political humor might be in store. The following is a funny and true story shared with me by KC W who teaches High School Government. In one of KC's classes, they were discussing the qualifications to be president of the United States . It was pretty simple. The candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age. However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen. In short, her opinion was this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president. KC and the class were just taking it in and letting her rant, but everyone's jaw hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating ... "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by c-section?"
And someday she'll vote!

I guess if nothing else, it might drop the elective c-section craze, if people knew that their child could 'never' be president if not born "naturally". ;-) Now there's something to think about!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Also thanks for stopping by my blog today. You gave me some good ideas that I had never thought of. I really want to help other women to breastfeed sucessfully, however I am kinda at a loss of how to go about it without actually becoming a certified lactation consultant. I would love to do that, but it takes too much time that I don't really have at the moment.